one of my favorite Italian foods are pesto and gnocchi. However, I've never tried them together until recently. We quickly need something for dinner and I had both gnocchi and pesto on hand, and it turned out to be delicious. I just know you want to make this too. It is to die for...actually to live for.
Gnocchi with Pesto
-one packet of pre-made gnocchi (you could make it yourself if you feel so inclined).
-a small jar of pesto
-a small jar of sun dried tomatoes
- a handful mozzarella cheese
-some veggies of choice: I used green beans and spinach; Asparagus would be excellent in this
1. bring a pot of water to boil and add in gnocchi. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they are floating in the water, then strain out the water.
2. heat a pan with a little oil and quickly cook the spinach until slightly wilted. Cook other vegetables as well.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. individually heat up each persons portion if you would like it hot.
Now enjoy and feel like a gourmet cook.