Although we did not name Luke after "Luke" in Star Wars, we still like to make the connection every once and a while. Thus, I just had to make a Star Wars onsie for Luke. This is what I came up:
|He looks pretty happy to know who his daddy is.|
Now I just need to make Brigg a shirt that says "I am your father!"
I used the freezer paper stenciling technique and couldn't believe how easy it was. Because I don't own a silhouette or cricut, i had to use an exacto knife to cut my stencil out, so that was the most tedious part.
To do it yourself: 1. pick your image or words you want and print them out.
2. Trace them on to the freezer paper (you want the waxy, shiny part down so trace accordingly)
3. Now cut the image or phrase out with exacto knife
4. above is the negative cut out image of Vader
5. next iron on your stencil waxy side down; if you have little pieces (like the middle of letters o, d, or a) carefully place them where they belong.
6. After it is ironed on use any fabric paint and paint away. Wait for an hour or so and carefully peel off when dry.
p.s. Here is the Darth Vader image i used as a stencil. Just save to your computer and in photoshop or microsoft increase or decrease to the size you want then print.