So back a while ago someone gave Zac a heart shapped hand warmer (he is in the heart business). Anyway I thought I could recreate one easy. So here goes my first tutorial. I thought it would be perfect for Valentines Day. Wouldn't one of these be a great gift for someone you love?
Here is what you need:
*Red Fleece (for heart front)
*You could also use flannel for both front and back.
*Red Canvas (for heart back)
*Rice (not brown rice...according to my sister it smells funny when you heat it up)
1. Cut out 1 heart from fleece and 1 heart from canvas.
2. Pin canvas heart to fleece heart. If you want a ribbon tag now is the time to pin it inbetween the two layers. I also like to pin the heart together at the V of the heart.
3. Sew heart together leaving a 2-3 inch whole for pouring the rice in.
4. Trim the tip off the bottom of the heart so you can get a good point to your heart.
5. Cut a slit right between the V of the heart. Helps it turn better.
6. Turn the heart right side out.
7. Pour in rice.
8. Sew hole shut. Not as pretty as I like it but oh well.
Now go throw that baby into the microwave for 1-2 minutes and warm your hands, feet or whatever! Enjoy.