I really like stripes and I like scarfs. As luck would have it, I just happened to find a striped shirt in the pile of "giveaway or redo clothes". Thus, inspired by this scarf here, I came up with this simple infinity scarf. Nothing fancy or original, but comfortable and a bit of relaxed class.
I'm not so sure about the face Sierra is making, but she must thinking she is cool or something.
p.s. in case your curious, Sierra is wearing this sweet sweater; everyone should make themselves one.
to make one of your own:
1. find a knit shirt or skirt that is begging to be made into something else. The one that is never worn but would gladly go through a bit of surgery just to be worn again.
2. Cut out long strips of fabric. I wanted to use as much of the shirt as possible, so I cut and sewed pieces together. I was able to do these dimensions:
14 inches wide (before sewn into a tube)
50 inches long (after all the separate pieces were sewn together.)
3. if you have multiple pieces, sew together. Then fold in half hot dog style and sew. Then turn right side out.
4. fold nicely (iron if you like) one of the ends and then pin it over the other end. Then it will look like a big circle. Then sew it shut.
5. For the leather part (I used pleather) cut a piece wide enough to wrap around the part that you just sewn together (sorry I forgot to measure the dimensions of the pleather it before I did it).
6. then hand sew the pleather together.
7. Next, wear that scarf like you own it and love it!
Go HERE to see my new leather bound scarf