Because the weather has been so amazingly warm lately, we've been making a lot homemade salsa.
I swear that this tastes just like the best of the best Mexican Restaurant salsa's (it probably helps eating out of these authentic salsa bowls). seriously, it rocks. I know what you're thinking, "that's what everyone says about their recipes" but let me put your mind at ease.
1. I've already mentioned on here that if I was born into a different life or culture I'd be Mexican. How do I know that? I just do. If that doesn't do it for you...
2. I grew up on the West coast ergo good, really good Mexican food (yes I'm biased, really biased)
3. I eat burritos Every Day. I kid you not. Every day, and I never get tired of them (I make a lot of this bean mix in the crockpot and it will last me about a week)
4. I didn't really cook much Mexican food until we moved to Erie Pennsylvania, where we found a ghastly lack of Mexican food. There was one restaurant that was ok (but not worth spending precious student loans on). Thus, if I wanted to eat Mexican, I had to cook it myself.
6. Did I mention that this is my Mom's recipe, ergo again, it's bound to be amazing. (not sure what happened to reason number 5, but I'm sure it was good)
Was that enough proof for you? I might have exaggerated a little, for by no means do I consider myself a good cook; I make dinner because we need dinner. But, Mexican food is something I refuse to take lightly when eating or cooking, especially salsa. I'm telling you, this is good stuff.
And did I mention that it only takes like 5 seconds to make.
5 Second 5 Ingredient Restaurant Style SalsaYou just need 5 ingredients for this version:
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small onion (or half of a large onion)
a small can of diced jalapenos (or 1 fresh jalapeno)
1/2 of a small bunch of cilantro (you may want do a little at a time just to make sure it's not too much)
half a lime (squeezed)
1 tbsp of salt (i guess this would technically be a 6th ingredient)
put into a blender or food processor.
Add more salt if needed.