I've recently discovered Laminate Cotton Fabric . It's cute fabric that is laminated which is perfect for snack bags, diaper bags or diaper mats (basically anything you need wipe down easily) I didn't have one for my first baby, but now that we're having another little one, I've decided that it would have been very useful to have. The nice thing about this changing mat is that it can also be used to hold diapers and wipes. See below for the full tutorial.
30"x13" cotton fabric (for the outside) (I used Ocean Fish Tales-Salt Air by Moda Fabric)
30"x13" Laminate Cotton Fabric or PUL fabric (or any water proof fabric) (I used Flutter by Quilted Fish for Riley Blake Fabrics)
30"x13" fabric stablizer pellon
4-5 inch of elastic (i just used an old hairband)
1. a - place your cotton and laminated fabric right sides together. On the back of your cotton fabric lay the interface/stablizer
1. b - choose one of the ends and place your elastic in the middle of the cotton and laminate fabric with loop facing in.
1. c - Pin the elastic in place
2. pin around all the edges really well. The laminate fabric can be slippery, so make sure you pin really well. Then sew all the way around the edges leaving a 4-5 inch gap at one end.
3. After you sew, turn your fabric right side out. Iron then top stitch around the edges.
4. a - fold up the non elastic end 6 1/2 inches.
4. b - pin and sew to the sides of the mat. You just made your pocket.
now fold up and add sew on your button where it fits. And your done.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Sisters, What!
check out some other sewing projects: