I can't believe we're finally at the end of 6 weeks of the One Room Challenge!! Alas though, we didn't finish everything we planned. A few projects were put on hold and the lighting project should be finished by next week. Oh and pictures on the wall, nope.
But...The shelves are organized and everything has a place. I have two finished tables (yes two!! a tall and short one), and everything is CLEAN!! That's the best part.
But what is really lacking still is the light in the room, but that is practically finished and I will show you that next week (seriously going to be really cool, at least we hope - it's a Ikea hack).
And so, without further to master bedroom and craft room reveal!! Prepare yourself for overload of pictures:
WINDOW WALL BEFORE
AFTER: BUILT IN BOOKSHELVES
The bookshelves like I mentioned took at least 5 months to build. My husband just happen to start it right after Christmas and I felt like so much was going on then, plus we were literally all taking turns being sick with the flu for like 2 months. BUT that's life and sometimes stuff just takes a while.
As for the how to...we totally forgot to take a single pic :( BUT they were very similar to the ones we built down stairs so go read about our built in bookshelves in our family room.
And below is my two new tables that used to be one tall square table (see before picture above). My husband cut the table in half, added a 7 inch wide piece of pine to make both of the tables the depth of a typical desk. He added back on the legs to the tall table so he had to make brand new legs for the desk height table. He even figured out how to taper them!!
We stained the legs with a dark walnut stain and the top with Minwax white wash stain . I really wanted a white painted top, but my hubby convinced me that I'd bang it up and it wouldn't last as long as a stain. SO we found the white was stain and I LOVE how it turned out.
pss...see the cross stitched peg board? It's not up yet since we still have to put up the lighting, but it will be in that general area. I can't wait to use it again.
And my chair. I love how it turned out!! It's amazing what a good sanding, new stain and new fabric can do. Here's to 20+ more years to this old chair.
Speaking of needing some love. We got this dresser for me at goodwill last year and it is beautiful, but it's really nicked on the top. But it's also heavy, so it will have to be an in the room kind of job if I do anything. I had big plans, but they'll have to wait for the future.
BEFORE BED SIDE:
We didn't really change much on this side of the room mostly because it wasn't a priority, but we did move my dresser over there and the walls are painted a very light gray. We're hoping to put some simple night stands by the bed eventually.
Seriously, I love a good lamp revamp (see my tutorial HERE). I thrifted this lamp a few years ago and finally spray painted the base and got some Nate Berkus Linea Paramount Caspia from Joanns (currently 60% off). It's such a quick project and major update to me.
Well there you have it. If you made it to this point, good job! We're so happy with what we have done. I still can't believe those shelves and tables. I just need to get some pictures on the walls and get some more lights. Stay tuned for future updates.This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Sisters, What! *we'll be possibly sharing this post at one of these blog parties